My First Month At University

On the 12th of September 2015, I moved 3 hours away from my original family home that I've lived in for 18 years and moved into a flat with 6 other people that I had never met before. Alongside that, I have started a course at university which, hopefully, in less than 3 years will give me a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology. 

That. Is. Crazy.

2 years ago I couldn't even buy anything from a shop without pretty much having a panic attack. But now, I've moved away from my family, am having to maintain a long-distance relationship with my boyfriend, and am living with people that I didn't even know a month ago.

This blog post is going to show some of my favourite memories from my first month of living at university. I've had an amazing time so far and I don't think I've ever loved my life as much as I have since moving here. I want to remember special moments like these.

Paint Party
The paint party was the final event of Fresher's Week, and was such an incredible party. We danced all evening, got completely splattered in paint, and were given these super cool weird glasses (which some of us are wearing in the picture). This was a great night, despite having to shower at 4 in the morning to get all the paint off and going to bed feeling a bit gross.

Beach Walk
One of my favourite things about the University that I have chosen is that it has the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. My flatmates and I decided to go on a beach walk during sunset, and this was such a beautiful experience. If you didn't know already, anywhere which has a sea, or a river, or a stream, is a happy place for me. It relaxes me and makes me feel the happiest I've ever been in my life. We also had fish and chips on the beach and became stereotypically British, with the seagulls trying to pinch our chips. We also had ice creams and then went into the pub for a few drinks afterwards. Overall, I had the best time ever.


Pole Dancing
One thing that I'm proud of myself for doing at University is joining societies. This is a great way for me to make friends, become more confident in myself, and get fitter at the same time. I joined the Karate society and the Pole Fitness society. I used to do Karate when I was a child but quit approximately 10 years ago. However, I have decided to start it up again because I would love to be a black belt someday. In addition to this, I joined Pole Fitness to help gain some strength on my body, feel more confident in my body, and just have a great time!

Parties

My flatmates are the funnest people ever. They always manage to make me smile and I feel so lucky that I am living with them. We've been on lots of nights out together, but one of my favourites was just a few nights ago. We just had a great time and it was hilarious. Eating a cheeseburger at 3 in the morning is something I never thought I'd ever do, but somehow food tastes better at that time.
One of my favourite pictures from my time at Uni.
I am so happy that I've come to University. I've somehow managed to find time for my studies, my social life, societies, and time for just chilling out and watching TV. I didn't think that was possible, but I feel great knowing that this is my life now. I've developed into an independent adult who can look after herself, and I couldn't be prouder of myself for taking the risk and moving to University. 

I apologise for the lack of blog posts. Now that I've pretty much settled in, I will be able to find time to upload more. I've got some great blog posts planned for the future, so keep checking back for more. Thank you for reading this and I hope you have an amazing day.

-bunnydiver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Becky Stoakes. Powered by Blogger.