Lush 'Dragon's Egg' (Bath Ballistic) / Review

"Run yourself the perfect temperature bath, get in, then take a moment to let go of the world outside your bathroom, before launching your ballistic into the water and watch it fizz away."


It's been quite a while since I last did a review, specifically on products from Lush, as I used to do them all the time. However, last night while I was running my bath I decided to do a review on a bath bomb I had never used before: Dragon's Egg.

Although this bath bomb wasn't overly aesthetically pleasing (it's just a plain white ball) it did have some small specs of colour dotted in it, which made me think that the white was deceiving and there was some colour hidden inside.
I wasn't completely mistaken.
When I first launched this product into my bath, it didn't emit any colour; it just fizzed away but stayed white. However, as the product got smaller and smaller, lots of orange randomly burst out of the bomb and turned my entire bath a urine-looking colour, which was quite a surprise! Although I was pleased to see that the bath bomb had some colour in it and wasn't plain/boring (I like colourful baths), I wasn't actually too keen on this colour. At first I thought it looked pretty as it turned gold and had a slight shimmer running through it, but after I while I couldn't help thinking it looked like I had urinated in the bath - which I didn't!


Luckily, the slight shimmer that came out of the bomb didn't leave too much residue after the bath had finished. There was a slight shimmer at the bottom of my tub but this was easily washed away. I also liked how the shimmer transferred to my skin, but only a teensy tiny subtle amount that you can barely notice; it made my skin look healthier.

The scent from this product is not too strong, which I quite enjoyed as it was just the right amount of flavour. The smell is mainly a lemon-based scent with hints of some other stuff I can't quite put my finger on, but it seemed to work well together. Although this smell isn't my favourite scent from a Lush Bath Bomb, it was okay and was quite pleasant.


As with all bath bombs, this product left me feeling refreshed and moisturised after my bath. I felt relaxed and cosy when I had finished and my skin felt so soft. I am unsure of the price of this product as I received it as a gift, but I am certain it is approximately £4 (EDIT: I just checked on the Lush website and can confirm that it is £3.50).

To conclude, I wasn't overly impressed by this bath bomb but it was still nice to use. I would've prefered a lot more colour (preferably not urine colour) and a different smell as I'm not thrilled by lemon scents, but it might be to your taste. I'm not sure if I will purchase this bath bomb but if I receive it as a gift again I definitely won't turn it down as it was still a nice, relaxing product to use.

Thank you for reading this blog post. I have lots of bath products to use up so I'm considering reviewing a lot more of them. I also have a few blog post ideas that I would like to carry out, so please stay tuned for more. 

I hope you have a lovely day!

-bunnydiver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Becky Stoakes. Powered by Blogger.