New Year's Resolutions / 6 Month Progress

At the beginning of the year, I created this blog post where I listed all of the resolutions I wanted to achieve throughout 2016. Now that we are at the halfway point of the year (which has gone STUPIDLY fast), I have decided to update you on how my new year's resolutions are going so far and if it looks like I will be able to achieve them by the end of the year.

I am still struggling to comprehend the fact that we are SIX MONTHS into 2016. This year has gone far too quickly. How are we at 6 months already?!

Be More Productive
I set myself this goal every year because, unfortunately, I am one of the laziest people ever known to exist. I would much rather stay in my bed all day and play Runescape than go outside the house and actually succeed at life. However, since starting university last year, I have to admit that I am much more productive now without even realising. I am more willing to help my mum cook, go to the gym, run errands and do productive things with my day. Although there is room for improvement, I am slowly but surely turning into a more productive person as the days go by.

Take More Opportunities
Again, another resolution I set myself every year because it's so important. I am such a shy person who is terrified of leaving her comfort zone. However, 2016 has been the year for taking opportunities. I went on holiday with my friends (my first holiday without my parents) and had to travel across the country by myself in order to do so - I am so proud of myself for doing this because I was so terrified. I also signed up for volunteering to get some experience in helping people. There is always chance to take more opportunities this year, but I'm doing a good job so far.

Spread Positivity
This is the resolution that I try my hardest to achieve. I have such a negative mind, but recently I have done an incredible job at tackling negative situations and adding positivity to them. I have also been trying to make other people positive too. I compliment people more, let them know how much they mean to me, and aim to bring a smile to their face. There are always ways for me to become more positive, but I am constantly working on this goal and I'm a much happier person than I was 3 years ago.

Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything
My favourite quote of all time! I admit, within the past month or so I have struggled with this goal. I have been expecting outcomes of situations and expecting things from people. I should never do this, as it will most probably lead to disappointment. However, I have been appreciating the little things. I need to mainly work on the first part of this quote, as it will make the second part a lot easier.

Exercise More
I never thought I would say this, but I joined a gym. No joke. I'm really enjoying exercising as it makes me feel a lot more comfortable in my body and it makes me feel productive. I'm super proud of myself for actually joining a gym because I never thought I would.

Drink More Water
I have definitely failed this resolution so far. I didn't drink any liquids at all yesterday. And it's currently 2pm and I have yet to drink something today. I have unfortunately stopped using the water app on my phone to remind me to drink because drinking so much water kept making me need the toilet more. However, maybe that's just a risk I'll have to take. I should probably run myself a glass of water after this blog post has been written.

Concentrate On My Blog More
I have 100% achieved this goal. My boyfriend and I worked so hard on my blog to make it look better and change the layout to suit my personality, and now I love my blog more than ever! My new layout and design has motivated me to post more blog posts, so now I am uploading so much and I'm so happy with the way my blog is turning out.

Learn To Cook Proper Meals
This resolution didn't go to plan. I tried to cook stuff at uni, realised that I was a bad cook, and became unmotivated to try anything new. However, I am definitely going to help my mum cook more and watch what she does so that by the time I move back to uni in September, I will have some skills to give me a healthy diet.

If you have read this entire blog post, then you deserve a huge pat on the back. As you can see, I have achieved some new year's resolutions but still need to work on quite a few. Overall, it's not a bad six month progress and I still have plenty of time to achieve everything I want to before 2016 is over.

Thanks for reading this blog post and be sure to check back soon for more uploads from me. I hope you have a wonderful day! Here is a picture of my dog to add some spontaneity so you do not suffer from the boredom of reading this lengthy blog post:



-bunnydiver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Becky Stoakes. Powered by Blogger.