My Heart Belongs To Travelling

I have changed a ridiculous amount this year. I don't even feel like the same person I was a few months ago. It's as though when I had my 20th birthday in May I drastically changed my personality overnight. I ain't complaining though.

Rewind a few years and you'll see me as a timid, quiet girl who would avoid all social interaction, rarely leave the house, make no effort in maintaining relationships, and never leave my comfort zone. See me as I am now, and I'm the complete opposite.

Travelling had a huge part in my personality-transplant. Each year, my family always go to different parts of the UK to explore the countryside and cherish how beautiful this country is. Although I love these trips to DEATH and they always make me relaxed, last year I decided to embark on a trip to Malaga with my friends. Considering I had only ever left the country before when I was a child with my family, this was a pretty big step for me. But, I had the best time ever and that trip sparked a desire within me to travel more.

Which was why I decided to travel to Southeast Asia this summer to volunteer in an Elephant Conservation Camp in Laos. That was the best flippin' decision I ever made.

Not only did I endure a 12-hour long journey to Bangkok, then another 2 hour journey to Laos, then a 9 hour journey from Vientiane to Sayaboury, then immediately begin my voluntary duties; but I also travelled to Malta just 3 days after I came back from Laos!

Considering I wasn't much of a traveller before those trips, I'm so impressed with myself.

The person I was 5 years ago would never have decided to do that. Hell, even the person I was 2 years ago wouldn't have done that. I can sense my personality changing all the time, although I'd prefer to use the term 'developing' rather than 'changing'.

Deciding to travel has increased my confidence drastically. I've already booked a little trip for Christmas time and I'm planning loads of things next year. If I had the money, I'd be on a flight to somewhere random tomorrow. 

I'm not too sure what the point of this blog post is. I just think it's nice to start thinking about my strengths rather than my weaknesses. And this summer has definitely been one of the strongest parts of my life.

Why don't you start thinking about your strengths? Let me know in the comments below what you're proud of, what you've achieved, or how you'd like to develop yourself! I love hearing people saying nice things about themselves - it leads to a world full of confident, happy people.

-bunnydiver

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Becky Stoakes. Powered by Blogger.