How I Spend My Evenings After Work


Everyone's lifestyle is different. That's what makes us so interesting. That's why I love asking people about their day, or why I love people-watching when I'm out in public, or why I love watching Instagram stories. Because, 99.9% of the time, each person's day will have been different to mine. 

Luckily, in my new job, I get to have my evenings off (which is something I never used to have the luxury of). I'm the least-motivated, least-bubbly, least-energetic person in the evenings. I thrive in the daytime, and retreat into hibernation in the nighttime. That's why I feel so fortunate to have my evenings off.

My evenings are super important to me. It's my time to wind-down, relax, and refresh myself for my next working day. My job is extremely demanding, stressful and mentally-draining**, which means it is mandatory that I come home and completely separate myself from my work-mode. When I'm home, I won't allow myself to even think about work because I need to conserve all my mental energy for the next day.

**I won't tell you exactly what I do but it involves providing emotional support to people whose health is deteriorating and, in some cases, who are almost at the end of their life. Bizarrely, I love my job.

So, how do I enter the zone of complete, ultimate relaxation? Here are a few things I do to chill out after work, but still get my sh!t done.

  • Come home, throw coat and bag in hallway cupboard, do not look at work bag again until morning
  • Put the kettle on
  • Take off makeup while kettle is boiling
  • Once boiled, make that much-needed cup of tea and grab some chocolate biscuits
  • Sit on couch, grab my book, and read a chapter or two while drinking my cuppa
  • Once cuppa is finished, pick out some cosy pyjamas
  • Have a niiiiice, loooooong shower (or bath) while singing to my favourite Spotify playlists, and change into previously-mentioned cosy pyjamas
  • Time to cook tea/time to force boyfriend to cook tea!
  • Put Coronation Street on while tea is cooking (or if it's not a Corrie night, either watch YouTube videos or put on a different TV show, like Criminal Minds, Brooklyn 99, Friends, Gilmore Girls *if boyfriend isn't around*, etc.)
  • Once finished eating tea and watching TV, wash the pots, pick out my outfit for work tomorrow, and make sure I've got everything I need
  • Play with my hamster, put him in his playpen, and have snuggles
  • Then feed him and watch him stuff his cheeks full with all his food
  • Get in bed
  • Play on phone for ages
  • Eventually go to sleep

Wake up, go to work, come home and repeat!

This is a typical evening for me after work. I hope this was interesting for you, I'd love to know how you spend your evenings/free time after work too! Do you do anything similar to me? Or anything completely different? Let me know!

-bunnydiver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Becky Stoakes. Powered by Blogger.