Why I Stopped Blogging & Filming YouTube Videos


If anyone has followed me on any form of social media over the past few years, then you'll know that I'm extremely inconsistent when it comes to uploading. I'll post one thing, then I'll wait months until I post again. I used to post consistently on YouTube until I took time away for three years, then I came back again for a few months, then I disappeared again! It's the same for my blog; I used to post extremely often but over the past few years I've severely neglected my blog. I've decided that today I'm going to clear the air and justify my reasons for being SO TERRIBLE at providing content.

Before university, my life was extremely stress-free. I would go to college a few times a week, and then the rest of my time was free for me to do whatever I wanted. So I'd blog loads and post on YouTube. But then I moved away to university, and that's when everything changed.

Whilst at university, I decided that I needed to do something more productive with my free time. Something to enhance my CV, something to tell other people about, something to be proud of. So I started volunteering for various different charities, alongside doing university. The workload for my studies intensified, and my "free time" was now spent volunteering, so I had to drop the whole blogging and YouTube-ing thing. 

Then I graduated (yippee)! I started posting consistently on YouTube again because I had LOADS of free time!! But pretty soon I messed it up for myself again.

I got a job. Then I started another university course. And then I started a placement. So this brings me to my current position... where I go to lectures, work a few days a week, go to placement for the other days in the week, and am currently working on 5 assignments and a dissertation. I have NO days off a week until the end of April. I don't have free time anymore, and if I do then it's spent working on assignments.

And that is why I cannot commit to posting regularly on my blog and YouTube. It's such a shame because I've just hit two amazing milestones (15,000 views on my blog and 1,000 subscribers on YouTube) and I want to upload loads to thank the people who support me, but right now I just don't have the time.

I genuinely love posting on social media. I love the way my Instagram looks right now, I LOVE my blog so much, and my YouTube channel is something I'm so proud of. But I don't earn any money from these sites, which means that I need to prioritise my current job and my studies. 

Hopefully by the end of April I can upload a lot more. But unfortunately I've become a workaholic who never has any free time! I hope that this explains why I'm the most unreliable person ever when it comes to my blog. Now that I've justified myself to you, I'm going to justify myself to my hamster as to why I haven't been able to spend time with him in ages. I hope he understands.

-bunnydiver.


1 comments:

  1. Valid reason... but you can earn from youtube.😐

    ReplyDelete

Becky Stoakes. Powered by Blogger.