Am I Back? (Life Update, Thoughts & Feelings)



I'm having one of those days today. You know, the ones that just suck. There's nothing I can really do about it, other than try to put myself in a more positive mood. Luckily, I have a fortunate enough life that there are multiple things which can do this for me. I could play Pokemon, watch Netflix, catch up on Corrie, make a hot chocolate, read a book, go for a walk, etc etc etc. But today, I decided to do one thing which I haven't done in months: whip out my laptop and write a blog post.

I used to love blogging. I would love making a cuppa and writing down my thoughts and feelings onto a blank page online. Add a pretty image and, boom, you've got yourself a blog post. Blogging would always put me in a good mood, so it was such a shame when I had to take a *well-needed* break from it. Life gets in the way sometimes, but that doesn't mean things have to be put on hold forever.

My life, as it stands, is an extremely enjoyable one, which is never taken for granted. In my daily job, I encounter people's lives who are much less fortunate than mine and who experience an overwhelming amount of negativity on a daily basis. This really puts into perspective for me how lucky I actually am, and how to manage negativity should it ever make its way into my life. I am  naturally a positive person, however I still get those days where the only necessary reaction to life events seems to be to go in a strop or a mood with everyone and take some time out. This is my time out. Sitting in my flat on my own (excluding my hamster who is snoozing in the other room), eating Maryland cookies and writing a blog post on my blog. I feel better already.

So I thought I'd just get my words out there because they're no use being boggled up inside my mind. I feel refreshed now, and ready to crack on with the day. Yes, my worries and concerns that provided me with a bad day are still in my mind, but they're not at the forefront of it anymore, and that makes all the difference.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings. I'll be back soon with another post on something more entertaining (unless reading about someone complaining is entertaining for you; in which case, you're welcome).

-bunnydiver.

*also the book in the image is a poetry collection by my beautiful friend Bethany Arrowsmith-Cooper, titled "The Soul Garden", grab your copy here: The Soul Garden)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Becky Stoakes. Powered by Blogger.