Hello 2021


Usually, I love the start of a new year. It's a fresh beginning, a chance to work on goals and reset your mind for the year ahead. I normally enter a brand new year feeling excited and motivated. However this year I've felt a little differently, and I don't think I need to explain to you as to why!

The start of the new decade last year was not as anyone expected. It was a very difficult year, but it was also a rewarding year in many aspects. I have made the decision to leave the events of 2020 behind me, but take forward the personal developments it gave me. I've learnt how much stronger my mental health is now than it used to be. A few years back, some events happened to me which weren't as distressing as the one's in 2020, yet I dealt with it a lot worse back then and crumbled under pressure. But in 2020, I came out the other side feeling like a better person. So 2020 wasn't all negative, I guess.

I'm going to be honest with you, I spent the first few days of 2021 feeling down. I felt like the end wasn't in sight and this year was bound to be a repeat of last year, which I'm not sure I would be able to go through again. However, I've woken up today with a more optimistic mindset. I've decided to start taking things day by day rather than looking at the year as a whole. I've started to notice the little things, like how my new house has a lovely garden where I can hear the birds in the morning, and how excited I am to finally have a cuppa with my mum again in the future. These tiny little elements of joy are enough to see me through the distressing events that 2021 will no doubt throw at us, but I'm feeling a lot more prepared now than I was a few days ago. There is also an element of hope for this year, especially now I have been offered the vaccine as I work for the NHS. 

The main thing that last year taught me was that it's okay to have a 'wobble'. It's okay to feel down when bad things happen to you. As long as, when you're ready, you pick yourself back up again and continue going forward as best you can. 

I'm excited to get back into my blogging hobby that I unfortunately left neglected as the years went by. I'm ready to dedicate my mind and time back into it again, and I'm sure that this will be a really healthy way for me to get through this difficult year. I love reading about other people's lives, whether that's the mundane things like how they've decorated their living room, or useful tips and advice on how to get through a hard time. I'm lucky to have my little corner of the internet on this blog, therefore I shouldn't let it go to waste.

I'll be back soon with another blog post, and I'm really looking forward to uploading regularly again! Look after yourself and others around you.

-bunndiver.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting reading some of these and seeing how another "Aspie" is doing. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, I'm glad you found it interesting. Hope your 2021 has started off well so far :)

      Delete

Becky Stoakes. Powered by Blogger.